Monday, July 13, 2009

A Man and his wheels....




As we all know and have experienced at one point in our life when you can least afford it and are watching every nickle, dime and penny the inevitable happens....something breaks down or goes on the blink. Well for us it was the lawn mower. For the past several weeks dear hubby has been tinkering or calling a fellow church member who works on mowers for this and that concerning the mower...well it finally happened...died, dead no more, although it's been a trooper he got it about 5 years ago for about $100.00 so we got our money's worth for sure. So this past weekend with grand baby in tow off we go on a lawn tractor hunt. We visited three different stores searching for the perfect bargain....then there it was...all nice and shiny with a shiny red cart behind it for hauling stuff, oh my dream come true, oh wait it's not me searching it's hubby, so back to my story, after visiting one stores grand opening and really having a blast, because our sweet little girl got to see the antique tractors (which for some reason scared her to no end, thought she would choke me to death) and the horses pulling the wagons and all the neat "farm" toys inside hubby decided that was the better bargain due to the grand opening discount....but he needed to think about it, so after 3 hours of looking at mower's we headed home. Keep in mind this is on Saturday. After church on Sunday and recouping from a weekend of chasing a 2 year old my husband decides 1 hour before the store closes...going to get the mower hopefully it will be the last it should last for years to come...then well maybe I can still get the old one fixed...he asks what do you think? By this time I say what time do they close? In one hour, "Get the mower" was my final answer no I don't need to phone a friend I am sure on this answer. Once arriving home with his new bargain in tow I made the comment ooh I bet I can operate this one....stop not a movement "dear in the headlight" look my way, oops did I say something wrong??? His loving comment back was you never got on the last one you don't need to get on this one!! Hehehe was my thought. So as you can see from the photo's,(and yes your eyes are correct in that the new wheels are parked in the garage with the cars and the music equipment) this is one proud Papa of his new wheels and in my mind I'm thinking oh boy I can sure see a shiny red cart behind me on this sweet machine hauling all my stuff!!! Yeah life dealt us a blow in the ole pocketbook when we least expected it, but I see the blessings, perhaps God willing, of a shiny red cart gliding behind it "hauling" away all the "stuff" that seems to clutter our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment