Friday, July 3, 2009

Just one of many blessings!!




Since becoming unemployed I have undergone several adjustments in my life and to date they have all been good, challenging but extremely good. In the following days I intend to show myself and my friends and family what I have learned through this experience, and to record it so when I do return to the "working world" I can go back and reflect and keep close contact with what God has so gracefully provided and given to me and my family and I truly intend to stay within those boundaries.
I am truly learning to appreciate the art of gardening and the smell of fresh vegetables and the dirt between my toes and fingers from digging and picking. In the past when my dear sweet husband planted his tomatoes, squash, peppers, cumbers etc. and brought them in to me to "do something with" I would moan groan and complain about how I had worked all day and didn't feel like messing with all this stuff...give me a break, I still had supper to cook, clothes to wash and get ready for the next day. But now oh how God gives us a wake up call!!! Get back to your roots girl, realize what is really important and enjoy your bounty from heaven. So here are a few pictures of the result of my bounty!! When I'm in my garden in the early morning and the smell of dew, fresh dirt and listening to the birds I know within my heart God is watching and providing!! Not only were these recipes "slap your Momma good", but they were slap your Momma, Grandma and Great Grandma good!!!! Instead I just slapped myself upside the head dove in and enjoyed!!! Above we have fresh potatoes, onions. garlic and rosemary harvested that very day, and the next is daily fresh tomato pie!!! Oh my gosh at this rate I will gain back all those pounds that I've dropped since not eating fast foods for lunch anymore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment