Monday, August 3, 2009

That Smell....


Have you ever been somewhere and a smell enters your senses and you think...oh I remember?? Well here recently and another from months ago I've had this sensation... That smell.
Several years past after battling adult acne and medications that made me very sick until I adjusted to the oral medication, I came to realize this "stuff" just can't be good!!! Never in my teen years did I have a problem with acne, a pimple here and pimple there, that was it. Then I hit 40 and boy my face went wild...what's this I'm too old for zits!! So I decided after all these meds they were giving me to "cure" my acne I would try some good old fashion remedies, that's when I discovered all natural skin care!!! Best thing that ever happened to me!!! In the process I came upon Thayers Rose Water no alcohol astringent and boy oh boy I love it, but the first time I opened the bottle, it took me back... to my grandma's bathroom!! Can't remember what exactly but, what I do remember is every single detail of that old farmhouse's one bathroom and something in there smelled like Rose's just like my Rose water! So every night when I use my Rose water I think of my dear grandma and the farmhouse and all the happy memories,that leads me to my next smell... in the garden, early in the morning, there's this smell...and I think, there it is again...what is it??? I'm not sure yet, haven't figured it out, but I'm thinking, between the bean's, the cabbage, the dirt, listening to the birds, tree frogs and early morning crickets take me back to a day when I had no worries other than helping Momma, Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa!! What will my children and grandchildren remember??? I pray that their memories are as happy and content as mine are, that they continue to practice what we have tried so hard to teach them, to appreciate each and every blessing that is given to them!! I wonder what smell will take them back and pray it makes them as happy as it makes me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment