Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ever just had one of those weekends????

You know the kind, one of those that everything you touched, just turned into a major ordeal!! It started Friday evening when we decided to cook some recently purchased fish and have a nice little Fish Fry. We set up the cooker outside because I really don't like cooking fish in the house. I had been all over Friday at Doctor's appointment, visiting my nephew and his wife's new baby girl, Trader Joe's, Earth Fare and finally home. While at Earth Fare I purchased frozen french fries made from organically grown potatoes!!! I was so excited to try these new fries I bought. Hubby got fries and fish cooked and of course we had to test the fries the whole time while cooking and he likes his fish straight out of the cooker so he was steady eating and it's a good thing!! While he came in the house for something, I took the rest of the fish up, made sure cooker was off, picked up the tray with all our fries and fish and went to open the door....then it happened...the whole tray of food upside down on the floor of our porch!!!! I was devastated and really felt as if I could possibly cry, but hey it's just food not the end of the world!! So mess #1 cleaned up!

Then Saturday morning we got up and I decided the down mattress cover we had, needed to be washed. I knew we were going refrigerator shopping (ours is just barely hanging on) so I thought, I'll throw this in the washer while we're getting ready then I can dry it once we're home. Fill the washer with detergent and water and start adding cover....then it dawned on me this bad boy is NOT going in this washer, after all it is a king size and down at that!!! Man what to do now half is in the washer and soaked and at that point felt like it weighed a ton!! Stuff with all my strength get it in and try and spin out the excess water!! Success...kinda, hey I'll deal with this when we get home, mess #2. Get home from shopping load the cover in basket head to laundry mat!! Does anyone realize the cost of washing a load of clothes at the laundry these days??? I'll tell you!!! $3.00 for a regular load, and $4.50 to use the commercial size machine, then 25 cents for 10 minutes of dryer time!!! $6.00 and an hour and a half later and still a somewhat wet cover home I go, just in time for our grand daughter to get here for the night!! So like any other high class redneck I hang the cover across the railings of the front porch to complete drying!!

Now keep in mind I measured and remeasured our opening for the refrigerator prior to going shopping, I pick up the paper they gave us with the picture and receipt of our purchase and was rereading the dimensions just to make sure every thing was a sure fit and I see it....oh no, our opening is 66 inches high and our new refrigerator which will be delivered on Wednesday is 67 3/8 inches high, so I look at my wonderful spouse and said "do you think we can fit in an extra 1 and 3/8 inches in there?? Oh no, there's that look..you know the same kind of look I got when I asked to drive his new mower the day we got it!!!! Not good at all!! His response "NO"!! So another task to do, cut the lower shelf above the opening or perhaps even take it out!! Upcoming mess #3 I see in my future!!

Sunday morning comes and I'm getting myself and a 2 1/2 year old grand daughter ready for Sunday School and church, now folks in my hay day I got myself and three boys ready and never missed a beat or broke out in a sweat but now...it's quite a challenge. I was getting ready and sweet thing was sitting at the dressing table with her set of makeup brushes I gave her "getting ready" herself being a perfect little princess. Well here comes the mistake...I walked out of my bath to go get her clothes and in that few short seconds I come back to a sweet little voice that says "look Mima I painted"!!! Oh my gosh she had taken her little creams I gave her, you know the kind Burt's Bee has in the little pots, opened them and had one of her little makeup brushes and had "painted" every inch of my makeup mirror and was starting on another mirror!!! Price for makeup brush, maybe 50 cents, creams in a sample kit, practically nothing, proud look on my girl's face for "her painting" and mine of shock....priceless!! Oh man, no time for mess #4 we'll be late for church, I'll get to this one later!!

Sunday a day for worship and relaxing normally, but not this day!! After we had Sunday lunch hubby said "I think I'll go ahead and pull that refrigerator out and see if I can just cut the border on the shelf instead of the whole thing out". Pull the refrigerator out, and oh my word!!!! When was the last time you pulled your refrigerator out and looked underneath where it had been sitting not to mention behind it!! Mess #5 got to get done!! Then it happened....just a little bit of sawing without turning the ceiling fan off and OH MY GOSH!!!! Sawdust in every tiny little nook and cranny in the kitchen and even some beyond, covered!!!!! So mess #3 came sooner than I expected and with a vengeance that took 4 and 1/2 hours to clean up!!

Then back to mess #4 the mirrors!!! That one took awhile to get all those creams off the mirrors, but it's done!

Oh and in the meantime while getting ready to paint the front porch we realized...wood is rotting!!! What??? This was pressure treated wood!!! So while shopping for refrigerators we went ahead and got vinyl rails and pickets to be installed so I promise you mess #6 will be here before I know it!!

Whew!!! Time to call it quits for this weekend!! Fixed hubby's lunch for tomorrow and looked up at the light/fan...oh no....is that more sawdust??? Oh well, Lord willing I'll open my eyes tomorrow to a new day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment