Friday, September 4, 2009

Our goodbye to the end of summer......

Putting the garden to bed for the fall and winter, getting ready to plant the Fall crops that I'm planning, and basically getting everything prepared for the changing season. It's keeping me very busy but the really important thing we do to say goodbye to summer is vacation!!!! Yes we go later than everyone else but there's a reason!!!! The rates drop!!!! When you're renting a beach front house for a family of 17 every dollar counts! The Hare family started this tradition in 2001 and we have kept the tradition ever since. Grandma Hare started this tradition after Grandpa passed and it was just something she felt in her heart to do!! After Grandma passed on to her blessed Savior in 2004 we decided, Gene, and his siblings and their spouses to keep the tradition going in honor of Grandma Hare. So each year we rent a beach front house for the whole family to come and go as they can!!

Each year our grown family seems to grow and yes go different ways but they do try to at least come and stay a day here and a day there, after all that's why we get such a big house. Regardless of whom comes for the week or just a few day's it's still family and we have a grand ole time, and there are us, the adults who will continue to make it happen for each one of them as long as they come!!

Now getting ready for our annual retreat is no easy feat!!! There is packing and planning to do. Lucky for us this year the house we rented provides all linens, yeah!!!! That saves a lot of room, and since we plan on taking the Honda to save on gas that really saves some space. But.....there is packing....when I think back on my younger years at home and preparing for vacation I'm reminded, all I did was pack my stuff and hey, I was ready to ride!!!! Oh how I appreciate Momma and Daddy for doing the rest!!!!

So far this is what I have packed, not to mention what I've already loaded in the car, chairs, canopy, umbrella etc.. Cleaned the car, went shopping and got the things for the first night, had to get a new battery for the car, just to name a few!!





And this is what dear hubby has packed so far!!!! Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture!!!!



Not to mention the big ole mess that has to be cleaned up before we leave....after all you never know!!! Hubby has indeed packed much more this evening, you know the important things....guitar, cd's, cooler, video camera, and all the things you can't live without for a week!! That's ok though!!! We have each other, family and all the things we need for a week of saying goodbye to summer!!

I pray for a very happy and safe Labor Day for all my friends and family, and that I will come home from vacation ready to take on whatever God has in store for me and my family with the changing seasons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment