Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Time for Reflection....



Well our vacation time has come and gone once again, but this year was different. Not in the way of location, after all the family time is always at the beach, and somewhere around Cherry Grove or Ocean Drive, S.C.. This year brought to me a time to just sit and think about all the changes that myself and family have faced during the last year.



Lost job, new addition to the family, college graduation, a move to a distance city, new careers, deepening of relationships, just to name a few. It all makes me feel very good deep within!! Not necessarily the lost of a job, but the fact it has opened my eyes to the beauty of my surroundings and how very important it is to protect it all, that my children have, and are growing into the adults I prayed they would for so very long, my husband and I are still very much in love and enjoy each other!! What wonderful things to reflect upon!!



Perhaps another reason for all this deep reflection is I was blessed to celebrate another birthday this week!! Yep I turned 54 years young!!! Yes I said young, although my grand daughter might consider me old, along with the members of my Sunday School Class (4 and 5 year old's), but in my mind I'm still young and still have a lot to do!! I came home from vacation with a renewed frame of mind...one that is anticipating the next chapter of my life....I feel deep within that my next project or job, as some may call it, is coming....no, I know it is, and I am prepared!! I have come to discover and renewed during this time my love of nature, writing, gardening and creating things with my hands, and I know God will lead me to a position using these skills that he has so profoundly reintroduced me to.

I'm feeling very good right now about my future, and fully intend to take some more mini vacations, after all I still have a lot of ground to cover prior to my next endeavor!! Got to head to the hills and visit my parents, a dear sister up north, and most importantly to enjoy each and every day that I am blessed with!!!



Take time each and every day to reflect, pray and give thanks for all the blessings each and every one of us have.....it's easy, just look out your door!!!

1 comment:

  1. These pics are wonderful! Can't wait to see what you take with your new camera. What handsome men!!

    ReplyDelete