Monday, September 28, 2009

My day today....

Started out like any other day, morning chores, which include feeding my dear old cat Tux, changing his water and the morning things that need doing inside prior to starting the day. This morning while outside there was a chill in the air which I loved and then I noticed the beautiful spider web!!! Now I'm not really a fan of spiders but I've always loved to admire the work of a writing spider and this little bugger must have worked all night on this because it wasn't there when I locked up before bedtime!! Couldn't resist taking a picture of it's handy work!!!




Wouldn't you know it when I went to empty Tux's old water to replace it with some fresh I forgot all about Ms. Spiders masterpiece and ran right into it!!! I really felt bad and somewhat guilty that I had destroyed what she had worked on last night, but she was unharmed and I figured would get back to work as soon as I was out of her way!!

Even though the discovery of the web this morning was quite a treat (although my boys whom are all grown would not agree, they hate spider webs) it was just the beginning of my day...the real treat was having lunch with a former coworker and a dear friend in celebration of my birthday!!! Hey I figure I'm at the age I can celebrate all month long!!! The next really, really, really big treat was spending 3 hours with a dear friend who is in the hospital!!!!

My dear friend is a wonderful, beautiful, God loving woman who has taught me so much about life and living it each day, helping others and doing what God has planned and intended us to do!!! She came to me, I'm thinking about 12 years ago and stated that she had been praying every day for God to lead her to someone to help with her Sunday School Class, someone who loved children and would be willing to teach young one's the word God wanted them to hear and she felt that was me, was I willing to help? I agreed, and if anything worked on my life and my heart, it was and still is that Sunday School Class!! God certainly knew what he was doing when he led me in that direction!!! Ms. Helen and these precious children depended on me each Sunday morning to be there, no excuses, no whining, get up, get there, they're waiting!!!

I had a wonderful 3 hours today talking and remembering all of our "children" who have been in our class and has grown into such wonderful young adults, about she and her sweet husband who has gone on to his "home" in heaven, the changing of the season and how Fall is our favorite time of year, her anticipation of coming home to her house on Wednesday, and how her dear family is decorating the house for fall, and how she is "ready to go HOME"!!!! I left that hospital room today feeling really good, and was so very thankful that God gave us this time together to talk, laugh, remember and give thanks!!!! Most importantly that God sent this dear woman into my life, to teach me, lead me and to mentor me in my walk with our Savior!!

She mentioned she loved homemade applesauce, luckily another friend from church gave us some good old fresh apples, so guess what I'm doing tomorrow while my clothes are drying on the line??? You guessed, making applesauce to take to my dear friend!!

I've been blessed with such dear friends, former coworkers, where we have formed a bond that cannot be broken, and we are always there for one another, former classmates where we have reconnected through the internet, and then my dear church family and friends!!!! How could a woman be blessed anymore than her God, family and friends???

Sunday School Class will always be Ms. Helen's class....I'm just the keeper of the flock!!!

I Love You Ms. Helen and you will always be in my heart and in that classroom with me as long as I'm able!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment