Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Change is in the air!

As summer slowly slips away from us, taking it's inferno heat and humidity with it, I'm seeing the change that comes along with yet another season starting to show it's awaiting pleasures of weather and beautiful colors. I've lived in this part of the South for most of my life (minus a few years in the state of Texas) so I know without a shadow of a doubt that there's still plenty of hot weather still awaiting, but how I love watching this gradual shift from summer to fall.

This is what I came across in my backyard this week while taking out scraps to our compost pile.




Aahhhhh this is a sign!!

Then there's that change of the sun as it comes up on these welcomed cool and somewhat crisp mornings. Crisp as compared to the mornings of waking up to 80 degrees with 74% humidity lurking in the air. The way it shines through the windows through out the day, and it's beautiful colorful setting proving that yes there is change a coming.



As I took my daily walk to the mailbox I also noticed this today....aahh the smell of dried fallen leaves!



And see the dogwood as it begins it change from a lush green to a colorful combination of Red and Yellow...



The gorgeous Carolina Blue sky without a cloud in sight, a shrub making it's change, are all beautiful hints from our Maker that change is good.



We as humans don't like change normally, give me life the way I know it..no problems, no sickness, no upsets, no unexpected bills....just don't change it, I like it the way it is, but the thing is here, change is the only thing that will not change.

I'm feeling change coming my way, not only in the season's and not the fact I have another birthday upcoming, hey I am thankful to my God up above for making it another year healthy and still alive, maybe not kicking the way I used to but still kicking...somewhat..if you call sitting on the footstool and kicking three inches off the floor kicking...I can still do it! This is a different kind of change I'm feeling, it's coming, not sure what yet, but I'm sure it will be revealed to me in HIS time and not mine. Until then....

I pray, Lord help me to always embrace the change you send my way as a blessing from above and to embrace it as such!












No comments:

Post a Comment