Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2nd??? Are you sure?



Wow, I cannot believe that July has come and gone already! It seems that when you have a garden that summer really gets away from you fast. This year we grew, corn, okra, tomatoes, pepper (several varieties), squash, cucumbers and watermelon's. Well let me back up just a second...we started growing corn, then Rocky Raccoon found it and well, let's just say...the rest is history! I hope the little sucker got indigestion from all the corn he ate! Mmmm,reminds me of a naughty little bunny named Peter! Now, he has discovered the watermelon and doesn't mind one bit helping his fat little self to the sweet fruit, cutting a hole in the end and consuming the entire inside, leaving the shell behind in utter mockery of us! If I was a young woman and could sit up all night long, I would catch this masked varmint myself!



Help!!! We've been invaded!!! The tomatoes are coming, and coming, and coming!!! Multiply the above scene by 3 times (at least) and you'll see what has been keeping me so very busy! Even Toot the Turtle couldn't make a dent in these bad boy's! Toot don't you think you could at least eat the whole tomato as opposed to taking a bite out of multiple one's? As you can see Toot was rushing to get away from getting caught in the garden! I was afraid his fast speed would blur the picture! It's hard getting caught!



So I guess you're wondering what I've done with all these? I've made this...



Pizza Sauce.

And this...



Salsa.

Canned tomatoes.

And in between all the tomatoes, I made pickles from these...



Froze these...



Then on one particular day I'd had enough and took my $5.49 bargain I'd found and turned it from this...



To this.....



So as you can see I've been quite the busy beaver in the past month, even with all this going on I'm still praying and searching for employment! It can really be discouraging to a girl to start feeling "not wanted"...but then I stand back and take a look at this picture and realize...I have the perfect job that God wants me to have at this point in my life.



So for now I've told the cob webs to stop dancing around the house so much, and made a promise to the furniture to dust it off soon, but for now I've got to get the food put up while the getting is good.

I pray...Thank you Lord for all the provisions you have provided for me, my family and even Toot and Rocky.

3 comments:

  1. your pantry looks amazing! We will be starting that part soon. Unemployment stinks beyond words, but what a blessing to be able to can all those veggies before they rot! I love to can but have a hard time when its crammed in after work, night after night. atleast the kids still think its fun now. lol
    love that turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and you are so right to be able to get it all canned up. Good luck getting all yours done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and the photos, Sis! Yep, you all are blessed beyond words with your bounties and I LOVE the cabinets! You have been a busy, busy bee! Love you.

    ReplyDelete