Sunday, November 8, 2009

What a day.....



Such a beautiful sight I had as I went out this past Friday morning to feed the cats and start my day with the daily chores. It brought to mind the changes in my life the past year, a lost career, a connection with Mother Earth that lie deep within my soul and somehow slipped away with all the "duties" and "deadlines" of the corporate world, a deep love of my connection with our Heavenly Father, our Creator and maker of all things that surround our life.



As I was taking a walk around Hare Hollow admiring the beauty of the colors that Autumn brings us and thinking that this weekend marked the one year anniversary of the job that ended and the beginning of a new life for me, I thought about my blessings and of course the never ending thought of what next?

As the endeavor continues of my search for a new job the "thanks, but no thanks" letters continue to come in, and can be quite discouraging for a woman who still has a lot of drive and passion within to contribute for years to come. But then I stop and give thanks for all the blessings that have come my way, not to mention all things come to those who wait.



This wait is not in vain and I know within my soul, I am here in this very position and time for a specific reason!!!!! I believe the lessons I have learned in the past year was brought to me for a purpose, to appreciate the earth and what it has to offer, the beauty of nature and the remembrance of those before us that has struggled so hard to preserve it all.



So as I continue on this journey, I'm enjoying each and every day and the surprises and lessons that I learn, and hopefully pass on a few of these to my children and grand's so that they can continue, and preserve this precious gift of earth and life for generations to come.



Yes, I'm still unemployed in the public sector at this moment...but I have a big job ahead of me....teaching all I know about the beauty around us, ways to preserve it for future generations, and most importantly the grace that awaits us all. I may be a mature mule, but I'm not just grazing in the pasture!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a volunteer job here for you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another, absolutely wonderful story--Sis! As always, will be looking forward to the next post...love the new camera shots!

    ReplyDelete