Sunday, November 15, 2009

Over the river and through the woods......



Not to grandmothers house I went, but to my parent's house, although they are grandma and grandpa to my children, just Momma and Daddy to me. What a beautiful drive it is!!

This past week I decided I needed, wanted and longed for a visit with my parent's. No they don't still live in the house where I was raised, but their home is my refuge, back to my childhood and the memories that I will carry with me until I'm called home to paradise, a place of beauty and no setting sun.

I find a peace within, driving with nothing but silence and my thoughts, no radio or blaring music, just my thoughts and prayers and the scenes I'm able to glance at while driving.

There's something about crossing the Yadkin River that brings a warm feeling deep within and the countryside of N.C. that makes me "feel" like I'm coming home, you know that feeling of ahhhh this is where my roots are.



The mountain where my parent's live is absolutely beautiful, the peacefulness, the down home feeling you get while shopping at a local general store, the farmers market, the fields of pumpkins, cabbages and Christmas trees are just picture postcard perfect.



While there, my Mom and I took a drive to the Poor Farmers Market and really had a blast driving there, talking and of course I was busy taking pictures...Momma was real patient as I had her slowing down, turning into small pig paths to get the perfect shot, or just stopping so I could get a history lesson of a special woman who contributed a lot to her community.



Alas, home was calling and my visit came to an end for now...hopefully I'll get back across that river before snowy weather sets in, I'm not brave enough to attempt that mountain in the snow and ice but for now I'm happy I had the time with my parent's, thankful for the fact that they raised a God Fearing woman who loves her family and home with all her heart and doing the best I can to bring that warm feeling of "Home" to my husband, children and grandchild.



I've most definitely grown up now and getting home was such a good feeling...warm, cozy and loving...there's no place like home, and as we've all heard "Home is Where the Heart Is", but sometimes it's nice to take a trip now memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment